How busy are we? Oh I know, very! Aren’t we all? There are million things we are busy with. But in taking care of all we sometimes forget the simple acts of kindness. “I don’t have time” is a damn good excuse and it works too, almost always. In this ever changing world where from gadgets to laws from relations to people everything changes, ask yourself if your habits are changing too? I think they are.
I am blessed with good observation skills and so I can’t help notice things people do unconsciously while running through their chores, on the street, in their cars, etc. It never fails to amaze me how rude some people can be by not saying a single word and at the same time how courteous some people can be by a simple act of consideration.
- Do you hold the door for the person behind you?
- Do you say ‘thank you’ to the waiters/servers?
- Do you stop in the middle of the road to give right of the way to a pedestrian who is trying to cross the busy road?
- Do you ‘thank you’ or let out a wave when someone lets you merge in the lane
- Do you litter?
- Have you ever gone out of your way to help a complete stranger?
Let’s forget about strangers for a minute. How busy are we for our own people? Let’s see:
- When was the last time you picked up the phone to call someone who hasn’t been expecting your call?
- Have you surprised someone lately?
- When was the last time you cooked someone’s favourite dish for them as a surprise?
- Do you appreciate/encourage/compliment enough?
- When was the last time you had a heart to heart conversation with someone?
- Are you a good listener? Think again!
I know my answers…do u?
What are you waiting for..
LET IT OUT!